Wednesday Jan. 20, 2021 and Friday Jan. 22, 2021 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
State Route 139 (Harrisonville Ave) at State Route 52 west (Gallia St.) will be CLOSED to
Cedar St. due to TREE TRIMMING on State Route 139 (Harrisonville Ave.).
South bound Truck traffic on State Route 139 (Harrisonville Ave.) will be detoured at
Maple St. east to Lakeview Ave. Vehicle traffic will be detoured to Cedar St. east to Lakeview Ave. Spruce St. west traffic will be detoured to north on State Route 139 (Harrisonville Ave.) to Cedar St. east to Lakeview. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Stephen D. Hamilton, Administrator
Public Comments Welcome – New Boston Phase 8B
The Village of New Boston is designing improvements to the wastewater collection system to be constructed in 2021. The Phase 8B project will include the following activities:
- Construction of a new, larger sanitary sewer along West Avenue toward the CSX railroad,
- Replacement of the Webb Allen Pump Station on Millbrook Street,
- Addition of a level sensing flow meter in an existing manhole on Lakeside and Rhodes,
- Structural lining of sanitary sewers at several locations within the Village, and
- Combined sewer separation by construction of a new storm sewer near the VA clinic.
The following documents are available for public review:
- Facilities Plan Addendum, dated August 2020 and revised December 2020. This document identifies Phases 7, 8A, 8B, and 9 of the CSO abatement plan.
- Draft Environmental Assessment dated January 7, 2021. This document considered the environmental impacts of the Phase 8B project.
An overview of the Phase 8B project will be provided at the January 19, 2021 Village Council virtual meeting starting at 6:30 PM.
The Village of New Boston Mayor and Council wish for the public to be involved with this process. Please submit any comments you have to Steve Hamilton, Village Administrator on or before January 31, 2021.
Mayor Williams presented both with an award recognizing their years of commitment and service to our community. The Mayor commented, “We are most fortunate to have these two experienced individuals to lead our public safety department. Their commitment and expertise provide valuable service to our fire and police divisions and provide enhanced safety to our New Boston community. On behalf of all of us here in New Boston, we appreciate and thank them both for their continued service and dedication.”